Groundhog Day 2017 was not particularly informative concerning the length of our Winter here in Canada. A recent study determined that the rodents have been right only 37% of the time over the past several decades, which isn't even randomly inaccurate.
However, Groundhog Day did bring us a wealth of information from Gregory Botticchio in the form of a webinar that highlighted advances in SAP Web Intelligence and the road ahead.
Gregory told us about WebI themes if BI 4.2:
- Building a Trusted Foundation - removing upgrade barriers with Linked Universes, and client improvements with Parallel Queries
- Enabling the Business - collaboration through Commentary and Shared Elements, client improvements through GeoMaps and Big Numbers, and unleashing the ecosystem through Visualization Extensions
- Leveraging the SAP Backend - SAP BW improvements with BEx-Authored Universes, and SAP HANA Enhancements with HANA Direct Access and HANA Online
- dHTML Catchup - striving to achieve parity with the Web Intelligence Java Applet (an ongoing project)
- Dynamic Input Controls - more than just cascading controls
- Sets - authoring sets in the Infromation Design Tool, using them to query data, and consuming them through universes
- Referenced Cells - using variables that return the value of a specified cell, maintaining the context of that cell, and listing referenced cells as Available Objects
- Commentary - improved usability and lifecycle; performance optimization
- Parallel Data Provider - parallel query support on BEx queries
When SP4 arrives later this year, it will launch a whole new set of Web Intelligence features that will improve Web Intelligence functionality and render the user experience more consistent with other SAP BusinessObjects solutions.
SP 4 is scheduled to include:
- A New Viewer
- More dHTML Catchup
- New Chart Technology
- An SDK & Extensions
Click the link below to view the webinar on demand and listen to Gregory Botticchio, BI Product Manager, SAP, give us the lowdown on what's up next for SAP Web Intelligence